Excel 2010

Bing Ads Forums
Join the Conversation!
We're interested in hearing what you have to say. Sign in with your Microsoft account to leave comments or start new discussions.

Excel 2010

This question is answered

The question has been asked in previous posts, over a period several months, as to when Excel 2010 will be supported. Is there any further information on this? It seems incongruous that Microsoft, the publisher of both Excel and Ad Intelligence, is not supporting the latest version of its own product. We are already two-thirds of the way through 2010.

All Replies
  • Hi blackjaguar,

Thank you for this candid feedback and I do sincerely apologize for the frustration.  I sent your post to our development teams and was told that they are actively working on a solution to this issue, but weren’t able to provide specifics around release timing just yet.

Please do continue to let us know where your pain points are so we can get them in front of the teams who’re in charge of prioritizing updates.

Thank you,

Tina Kelleher - Community Manager

Twitter: Follow me | Follow Bing Ads

• Hi Tina

Thank you for your reply, and for making the effort to find out what is happening.

However, with all due respect to Microsoft, it really is not good enough for Microsoft to both fail to provide Excel 2010 support for Ad Intelligence and to give no indication to its customers as to when that support is likely to be provided.  This is a response which amounts to no more than a shrug of the shoulders.

And it is a response which calls for a retort like this to the person who is ultimately responsible for that failure: Microsoft has provided an outstanding product in Excel 2010, so stop letting your team members down by rendering that product usless for those customers who wish to do nothing more than spend buckets of advertising dollars with Microsoft.  So Mr Team Leader, give it priority, give it a delivery date and tell your customers when it's coming.

Thanks again, Tina.

• Hi blackjaguar,

Engineering is listening and has provided this response:

“Thank you for expressing your enthusiasm about Excel 2010 and the Ad Intelligence Tool. While we are currently focused on ensuring a quality migration with Yahoo!, we will be providing Ad Intelligence Tool compatibility with Excel 2010 in the near future and look forward to providing you with a firm release date as soon as possible. Please keep the feedback coming!”

I'm sorry I don't have more info than this, but I do want to assure you that the team is very aware of how important this is to advertisers and is working very hard to address it.  Please let me know if there's anything else I can do for you.

Thanks!

• Tina

Here we are more than month after your previous reply from Engineering, and we still have no support for Excel 2010 and no idea whatsoever as to when that might be forthcoming.  At that time Engineering said that "we will be providing Ad Intelligence Tool compatibility with Excel 2010 in the near future". They also said that they "look forward to providing you with a firm release date as soon as possible."

So now we know that one month is not "the near future", and that Engineering have ostensibly found it impossible, with the leeway of a further month, to provide a release date. Or do we have to accept that their response of more than one month ago was simply disingenuous?

providing you with a firm release date as soon as possible
  • Hi blackjaguar,

I completely understand the frustration you must be feeling, and you're right... Microsoft Advertising Intelligence should work with Excel 2010.  I'm doing my best to advocate for this update to be prioritized as this isn't the first time we've received feedback about this being a pain point, though I don't have visibility into where it sits in Engineering's list of priorities at this time.

If I get any updates on this, I'll reply back as soon as possible.

Thanks!

• oh! what a pity! as an SEO I wanted to try new features and new microsoft keyword tool, but I was played too.

On http://advertising.microsoft.com/support-center/adcenter-downloads/microsoft-advertising-intelligence

It said: If you don’t have Microsoft Office Excel 2007, visit Office Online for a free 60-day trial version.

And then you download office 2010, but cannot use ad Intelligence...

• Well Tina, here we are another month down the track with absolutely no indication from 'Engineering' as to when the Ad Intelligence Tool will work in Excel 2010, despite their written assurance on 4 September 2010 that "we will be providing Ad Intelligence Tool compatibility with Excel 2010 in the near future and look forward to providing you with a firm release date as soon as possible".

This is a disgraceful situation, compounded by the responsible person in Engineering who tried to fob off a genuine Microsoft customer with a disingenuous reply. We would be grateful for your advice as to whom this issue could be escalated so that the matter can indeed be given priority and that, in the meantime, we and others can be given an expectation we can rely on.

• Is there any update to this? I want to see cost per conversion and conversion rate but neither metric are natively available in adcenter so I was going to calculate it manually only to find it doesn't work with the current version of office. Please fix one of these problems (preferably both) so I can start seriously using adcenter as an alternative to adwords.

Thanks,
    Avi

• D-8, Tina Kelleher did post a rather good reply but it was only up for a day before being removed. Anything to add Tina ...?

• Hi Guys,

I removed my last reply because I thought I was going to have another update that I could replace it with, but it never materialized.  Suffice it to say that the MAI development teams are aware of this thread and are actively working to address the concerns raised here. 

I'm not able to speak to what features will be included in upcoming releases until I'm given the guidance to do so, but rest assured that there will be a post on the adCenter blog as soon as I have news on this and I will absolutely come back to update this thread as well.

Thanks!

• I have been using the add-on with excel 2007 and found it to be a great tool. What a surprise when I recently upgraded to Microsoft Office 2010.

All I can say is that the product manager in charge of this tool/application has failed miserably for us the users.  Management in all large corporates run on the basis of priorities for the limited resources available.  The only way to get visiblity and support is to demonstrate how the tool is earning (or risk) revenue for the company - that is where the PM must focus their efforts - failing that it is just one of many worthwhile programs that will have to wait its turn.

• Hey Guys,

Great news! I just heard that 2010 compatibility is scheduled for the next release... woo hoo!  Unfortunately I don't have a release time frame yet, but wanted to pass along that much for the time being.  I'll be back to update the thread as soon as I hear when the release is scheduled for.

Thanks!

• When will the new version of ad intelligence be available compatible with excel 2010? I went throught he whole upgrade to 2010 (which is no fun) from 2003 only to find adcenter intelliegence does not work. I see others have had this very frustrainig issue as well. Thank you.

• Hi rb67,

I don't have any information on when the next release will be available yet, but I will come back and update this thread as soon as I hear anything.

Thanks!

• The Microsoft Advertising Intelligence information and download page at:

http://advertising.microsoft.com/support-center/adcenter-downloads/microsoft-advertising-intelligence

has been updated in three places to say that the tool now works in Excel 2010. So, after saying "Yippee, finally, and at last!" I clicked on the 'Download' button, but when I tried to install it, guess what?  It gave me an error message saying that I needed to Have Microsoft Excel 2007 installed!

What on earth is going on??