Error on Microsoft Advertising Intelligence Add in

Bing Ads forums
Join the Conversation!
We're interested in hearing what you have to say. Sign in with your Microsoft account to leave comments or start new discussions.

Error on Microsoft Advertising Intelligence Add in

This question is answered

I have been running the plugin for a couple of week but as of Friday its been giving me an error and made me reinstall. Even during install ( I uninstalled the previous version) it gives me the error noted below. I tried installing it on a number of different computers and it has the same issue.

Name: 
From: http://advertising.microsoft.com/wwdocs/user/en-us/advertise/add-in/files/Microsoft Advertising Intelligence.vsto
The expected element "addIn" was not found in the XML.
************** Exception Text **************
Microsoft.VisualStudio.Tools.Applications.Deployment.InvalidManifestException: The expected element "addIn" was not found in the XML.
   at Microsoft.VisualStudio.Tools.Applications.Deployment.ApplicationManifest.FromXml(String manifest, Boolean validate)
   at Microsoft.VisualStudio.Tools.Applications.Deployment.ApplicationManifest..ctor(String manifest, Boolean validate)
   at Microsoft.VisualStudio.Tools.Applications.Deployment.ClickOnceAddInDeploymentManager.InstallAddIn()

Name: From: http://advertising.microsoft.com/wwdocs/user/en-us/advertise/add-in/files/Microsoft Advertising Intelligence.vsto
The expected element "addIn" was not found in the XML.
************** Exception Text **************Microsoft.VisualStudio.Tools.Applications.Deployment.InvalidManifestException: The expected element "addIn" was not found in the XML.   at Microsoft.VisualStudio.Tools.Applications.Deployment.ApplicationManifest.FromXml(String manifest, Boolean validate)   at Microsoft.VisualStudio.Tools.Applications.Deployment.ApplicationManifest..ctor(String manifest, Boolean validate)   at Microsoft.VisualStudio.Tools.Applications.Deployment.ClickOnceAddInDeploymentManager.InstallAddIn()

Verified Answer
All Replies