Getting started

Bing Ads forums
Join the Conversation!
We're interested in hearing what you have to say. Sign in with your Microsoft account to leave comments or start new discussions.

Getting started

This question is answered

I recently tried to start using this feature to advertise but when I tried to install the software, I got the following error message:

from: http://advertising.microsoft.com/wwdocs/user/en-us/advertise/add-in/files/MicrosoftAdvertising Intelligence.vsto

The expected element "addin" was not found in the XML.

*****************************Exception Text ****************************

Microsoft.VisualStudio.Tools.Applications.Deployment.InvalidManifestException: The expected element "addin" was not found in the XML.

at Microsoft.VisualStudio.Tools.Applications.Deployment.ApplicationManifest.FromXml(Stringmanifest, Boolean validate)

at Microsoft.VisualStudio.Tools.Applications.Deployement.ApplicationManifest..ctor(Stringmanifest, Boolean validate)

at Microsoft.VisualStudio.Tools.Applications.Deployment.ClickOnceAddinDeploymentManager.InstallAddin()"

Being brand new to this type of computer use, I can't find for myself what the above strings mean, or even where to start.  I do have office 2007 installed with Excel and Word and others but am stuck at where to go from here. 
Can anyone help? 

Verified Answer
All Replies