Switch to the Bing Ads Community
Switch to the Microsoft Advertising Community
Grow your business by advertising on Bing, Yahoo! Search and our syndicated search partners!
Trouble logging in? Need help with managing your account?
Contact Bing Ads Support now.
I just got the desktop tool and i used Export202.com to export my Google Adwords Campaign into adcenter format. I then upload the 2k+ keyword campaign with desktop beta tool. Butall my textads and keywords have an error next to them saying "AdGroup ID is Invalid or Missing"
What does this mean and how can i fix it for the entire campaign?
Most of the time from what I have seen, that error comes up when the columns are not filled out correctly. The best way to ensure that you have a good import file is to manually format the sheets. I have obtained 2 How-to documents for correctly exporting from Yahoo and Google. These instructions will be usefull to follow.
1. Create a Yahoo! Account report. To do this, follow these steps: a. Open your Yahoo! Sponsored Search account, and then click the Campaigns tab. b. Your Yahoo! categories will be listed with check mark circles to the left of the category. Click the check mark circle for the category that contains the ads that you want to export. Click Download. c. This will prompt a second window to open that asks you what file format that you want to use, click Spreadsheet or click Text File. d. The File Download window will open. Click Save, and then name the file. e. In the Download Category box, click Close Window.
2. Log on to adCenter, and then create an ad group.
3. Import the Yahoo! information into an adCenter template. To do this, follow these steps: a. After the ad group is created, click the ad group. b. Select the Ads tab. c. Click Create an ad d. Click Import ads. e. Open your Yahoo! spreadsheet or text file. f. Return to adCenter. Click the CSV file to open the adCenter template document. g. The CSV file template has placeholders for ad title, ad text, display URL, and destination URL. Select the placeholder text. Right-click the placeholder text and then click Clear contents. h. Open your Yahoo! file. To do this, follow these steps: i. Select the text in the column under Description. Copy the text, and then paste it into the adCenter template CSV file under ad text. ii. Copy the text in the column under Title, and then paste it into the adCenter template CSV file under ad title. iii. Copy the text in the column under URL, and then paste it into the adCenter template CSV file under display URL and destination URL. iv. Save the file to the desktop. Close the file.
4. You are now ready to import the data into adCenter. 5. In the adCenter Import ads section, click Import ads, and then click Import file. 6. Locate the CSV file that you just saved. Select the document, and then click Open. The file appears in the File section below the Action button in adCenter.
Create a Google AdWords report1. Sign in to your Google AdWords account.2. Click the Reports tab.3. Click Create a New Report.4. Under Report Type, select Ad Performance.5. Under Settings, select the following: • Ad Variations = Text Ad • View = Summary • Date Range = (Select the date range) • Campaigns and Ad Groups = select Manually select from a list, select the appropriate campaign from the list of All Campaigns and Ad Groups in the left column, and then click Add to move it to the column on the right side.
6. Under Advanced Settings, click Add or Remove Columns, and then select the following options under each of these headings:
Level of Detail • Campaign • Ad Group • Keyword • Ad Id
Attributes • Keyword Matching • Headline • Description Line 1 • Description Line 2 • Display URL • Daily Budget • Current Maximum CPC • Keyword Destination URL • Destination URL
Performance Statistics • Select any option (one selection is required to run the report).
7. If you want to import ads for distribution on search pages only or content pages only (Search Ads or Content Ads (Beta) in adCenter), under Advanced Settings, click Filter Your Results, select Ad Distribution, and then select Content or Search.8. Under Templates, Scheduling, and Email, type a name for your report.9. Click Create Report.
Save the Google AdWords report as an Excel CSV spreadsheet:1. After your report is complete, click the name of the report to open it.2. Click Export Report, and then click either excel or .csv.
*Note if it is a large file, saving it in excel format will help to reduce the size
3. Click Save
Hope these instructions help with your importing.
Thank you,Brian H - MSFT