Switch to the Bing Ads Community
Switch to the Microsoft Advertising Community
Grow your business by advertising on Bing, Yahoo! Search and our syndicated search partners!
Trouble logging in? Need help with managing your account?
Contact Bing Ads Support now.
I usually use Firefox but I'm getting the following error:
Bad Request - Request Too Long
HTTP Error 400. The size of the request headers is too long.
So I tried Internet Explorer. This gives me "Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage". Diagnose Connection Problems gives me:
Your computer appears to be correctly configured, but the device or Detected resource (adcenter.microsoft.com) is not responding.
I use my Windows Live id to log in,although Internet Explorer probably wasn't logged in to Windows Live when I tried it.
Although there are strategic reasons to use Microsoft AdCenter, it is a minority player in our wider marketing strategy. If the problems cannot be fixed, then I will have to close the account.
Thanks for your POST! Ensure your computer has all updates. If the problem still persists contact your system administrator it seems to be a server error.
The 4xx class of status code is intended for cases in which the client seems to have erred. Except when responding to a HEAD request, the server should include an entity containing an explanation of the error situation, and whether it is a temporary or permanent condition. These status codes are applicable to any request method. User agents should display any included entity to the user.
400 Bad Request
The request cannot be fulfilled due to bad syntax.
I’m attaching a link to a possible fix. Please let me know if I can assist you with any ad Center problems.
John Lucernoni - Support Specialist
This is Windows 7, fully patched. It has been restarted (caches cleared) multiple times whilst this error has been occurring. I've just restarted the router - same problem. Yes I am the admin.
Currently seeing the time-out error with Firefox.
Everything I have here points to a Microsoft problem. If the headers or a redirected URL are broken, then they originally came from a Microsoft server!
Just tried Internet Explorer - that is currently working!
That gets me going for now, but this general unreliability or perceived fragility (which the competition does not suffer from) is not good.
An unrelated aside: I couldn't see how to subscribe to this forum thread (hence my slow reply to your response), unlike the MSDN forums where I can easily subscribe to a thread.
Thanks for the response.